Thursday, August 4, 2011

A Mention of the Hawks in Crooked Numbers

Every month, Benjamin Hill of MiLB.com does a column titled Crooked Numbers with all the oddities that happened around Minor League Baseball over the past month.

In the latest column, I noticed that the Silver Hawks were mentioned for having five batters hit by a pitch in the game against Dayton on July 5th.  What wasn't mentioned is the fact that technically Niko Gallego was hit twice -- remember that was the game where Mark Haley got ejected because they ruled Gallego made no effort to get out of the way of the ball. 

Being the astute Media Relations Director that I am, I felt that Mr. Hill needed this information.  Not only did he add it to his column, he gave me a mention as well.  I can now cross "getting mentioned in a MiLB.com column by Ben Hill" off of my baseball bucket list.  Combine that with meeting Dan Shulman from ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball at the stadium yesterday, and I'm having a solid week.

No comments:

Post a Comment