Saturday, March 14, 2009

Greetings from South Bend

Hello Silver Hawks Fans and welcome to my blog.

I'm honored to be the new radio broadcaster for the South Bend Silver Hawks and anxiously await the beginning of the 2009 season. Over the course of the season, I will use this blog to give you updates on the Silver Hawks, the rest of the Midwest League, and stories from around the baseball world. I also hope to include some photos of various ballparks across the league, so that you can see all the places South Bend will travel during the '09 season.

If you have questions, comments, or suggestions for the blog, please email me at oserey@silverhawks.com.

To get you ready for the baseball season, I've included a photo of Coveleski Stadium, taken on Saturday, March 14th from the home radio booth in the Cove's press box. This is basically my view when I'm calling the games from home. If you look out at second base, that is groundskeeper Joel Reinebold dragging the infield. It's never too early to get the playing surface ready.



--24 days until the Silver vs. Gold Exhibition Game against Notre Dame (April 7th)

--26 days until the start of the 2009 season @ West Michigan (April 9th)

--30 days until the home opener vs. Lansing (April 13th)


No comments:

Post a Comment