Friday, September 17, 2010

AFL and Instructs Rosters

I'm a few days late in actually posting this, but I wanted to provide the players that will appear in the Arizona Fall League and the Instructional League. The AFL is a bit more prestigious with the more advanced players, while the instructs league is for younger prospects.

AFL Players (each MLB team provides 7-8 guys to this league)
Josh Collmenter - P
Marc Krauss - OF
A.J. Pollock - OF
Konrad Schmidt - C
Bryan Shaw - P
Daniel Stange - P
Bryan Woodall - P

Instructional League (only former Silver Hawks included. The rest of the roster is made up of Missoula and Yakima players)
Bradin Hagens - P
Kevin Munson - P
Jarrod Parker - P
Tyler Skaggs - P
Jae-Yun Kim - C (played a handful of games with South Bend)
Bobby Borchering - INF
Matt Davidson - INF
Matt Helm - INF
David Nick - INF
Chris Owings - INF
Keon Broxton - OF

4 comments:

  1. Do you think Chris Owings will be back with South Bend to start the season?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be stunned if Chris Owings is back in South Bend next year. In fact, I think the Diamondbacks have basically cleared the way for him to start in Double-A.

    Shortstops Pedro Ciriaco and Reynaldo Navarro were traded during the season. If Owings had played the whole year here in South Bend, I think they would have tried to jump him to Mobile. Since he dealt with an injury, I would guess he'll start in Visalia, although I wouldn't rule out the Mobile start with a good showing in instructs and spring training.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you please list all of the instructional league players or tell me what website to browse? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd guess that dbacks.mlb.com would have the complete list somewhere.

    ReplyDelete