Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Playoff Predictions

First of all, check out the playoff preview piece written by Curt Rallo for MinorLeagueBaseball.com.

My predictions for the first round are as follows:

Great Lakes vs. Fort Wayne: I'll take the Loons in three games, simply because I think Great Lakes has better pitching.

Lake County vs. West Michigan: Give me the Captains in three games, based solely on home field advantage.

Cedar Rapids vs. Clinton: The LumberKings just promoted their best player (Nick Franklin) to double-A. I'll take the Kernels in two.

Quad Cities vs. Kane County: The River Bandits lost triple crown threat Matt Adams to a broken elbow in late August. The Cougars won the second half. I'll take Kane County in the three game "upset".

We'll re-evaluate after the first series. I'll have brief recaps for you on all the games tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment