Friday, October 22, 2010

More Diamondbacks Changes

Here's the first paragraph of a press release I just received from the Arizona Diamondbacks:

(PHOENIX) — The Arizona Diamondbacks announced today Mike Berger has transitioned into the role of Director, Professional Scouting while Quinton McCracken joined the organization as Assistant Director, Player Development and Mark Weidemaier as Major League Advance Scout, according to D-backs’ Senior Vice President, Scouting & Player Development Jerry Dipoto. The club also announced Susan Webner rejoined the organization as Manager, Minor League Administration.

Just a couple of thoughts:

1) I'm glad to see that Mike Berger stayed with the club. He's a great guy and will be a benefit to the organization.

2) I get excited anytime a player from my childhood moves into a coaching/scouting/front office role somewhere. I actually once had a fantasy baseball team that was named "What's McCracken Quinton" (which in my sophomoric mind, is completely hilarious).

3) Susan Webner coming back is a huge plus to every affiliate of the Diamondbacks. She makes my life, plus the lives of many others in the Silver Hawks office, so much easier with her prompt emails and attention to detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment