Wednesday, October 27, 2010

My World Series Pick

I'm going on record with this, so I can either brag when it happens or be ridiculed when it doesn't.

As of 4 PM on Wednesday afternoon, I'm the one person in the poll to the right that has voted for the San Francisco Giants to win in six games.

I realize the Rangers are the popular pick (22 of 28 from ESPN.com took Texas), and can understand why. However, let me present just a few brief arguments as to why I like the Giants.

1) The Giants have home field advantage.

2) No one is giving the Giants a chance against Cliff Lee, but the last I checked, Tim Lincecum is the two-time defending Cy Young Award winner in the NL. Who's to say that the Rangers are going to beat up on him?

3) Speaking of pitching, while the Rangers pitching has been fantastic this postseason, if you go by full season numbers, you have to give the edge to the Giants. Plus, San Fran's bullpen has been better and their stadium is more of a pitcher's park.

4) The Giants seem to have home run power in every spot of their lineup. One mistake pitch, and they'll make you pay. The Rangers have a few guys you can pitch around if you have to, particularly when you have to bat the pitcher in the NL park.

5) It's just what my gut tells me.

So there you have it, I'll take the Giants in 6. Take it to Vegas baby!

2 comments:

  1. I was one of 3 that states Giants in 7.

    on paper, the Giants ERA is lower but their batting average is lower.

    The ERA is lower because they are not facing an established hitter like a DH, the pitcher bats. The team batting average is lower for the same reason.

    I looked at the numbers and decided that this series would go the distance and San Francisco would come out on top. I think both teams are viable and the one thing that's got my prediction scared is Texas batting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You said 6, I said 7, no one said 5.

    Congratulations San Francisco Giants on your World Series Win!

    ReplyDelete