Monday, September 14, 2009

Baseball America Prospects Chat

Throughout the offseason, I will post links to various websites, stories, etc. that I see regarding prospects from the Diamondbacks, and other MWL teams. My primary source for this stuff will be BaseballAmerica.com. Each week, they do a "prospects chat", which has a lot of good information in it.

This week's chat can be found here.

Or below is the part of the chat that stood out to me. It has to do with the San Diego Padres top prospect for 2010.

Kirby (Lake Elsinore): James Darnell: #1 Padres prospect for 2010? If not, how close is he?

Ben Badler: I'm partial to Jaff (Decker).

I added in the last name for Jaff Decker so you knew who they were talking about. But based on Badler's answer, Jaff Decker of Fort Wayne has a good chance to be #1 in the Padres organization for the 2010 Prospect Handbook. James Darnell, who was the subject of the question, also played with the TinCaps until the All-Star Break, and I'd imagine you'd see him in the top 10, maybe even the top 5.

Click the link above for the full chat. There are some other former MWL players talked about, inlcuding Kyle Russell of the Great Lakes Loons. Not a whole lot of D'Backs chat in this one, but we'll keep you updated throughout the offseason.

No comments:

Post a Comment