Monday, September 21, 2009

Notre Dame vs. Michigan State

I realize this is a baseball blog, but I got to do something on Saturday for the first time in my life: attend a Notre Dame football game. I grew up Irish Catholic, so obviously, it's in my DNA to be a Notre Dame fan, but I had never had a chance to make it to a game until this weekend. And boy, what a game it turned out to be. Notre Dame defeated Michigan State by 3 points, quieting the "Fire Charlie Weis" talks for the next few days.

I didn't have my camera with me (I didn't think I was going to the game until I happened into a ticket on Saturday morning), but I was able to snap a few photos with my camera phone. I apologize for the quality, but this gives you an idea of the environment and where I was sitting at Notre Dame Stadium.



This is at the end of the game, when the players gathered in front of the student section for the Notre Dame anthem.


It's my stated goal in life to watch a Notre Dame football game from the press box. Can you tell I'm a media dork?


I went into the stadium about an hour before game time. This is the view as people started to make their way to their seats.



Same basic shot as above, only with a full stadium this time.

1 comment:

  1. My wife and I want to get to a game eventually. We've been here 3 years and no Notre Dame game yet!

    Keep on Blogging, we need to get updates from you from time to time.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete