Monday, November 16, 2009

Owen's Football Blog?

A few football thoughts today, since there wasn't anything that happened over the weekend in baseball that I feel compelled to write about:

-How about my Bengals? 7-2 overall, 5-0 in the division, season sweeps of the Ravens and the Steelers. I'm clearly excited, but being a lifelong Cincinnati fan, I can't help but think "how will they screw this up?" Hopefully, they won't.

-For all you Colts fans out there, congrats on the 9-0 start. The Colts found a way to win again, even though Bill Belichick made one of the dumbest decisions of all time (you can argue with me if you want, but there is no way you go for it on 4th and 2 from your own 29 with two minutes to play). Peyton Manning is fun to watch.

-I don't know if firing Charlie Weis is the answer for Notre Dame, but I feel strongly it's going to happen now. Losing @ Pitt is not the crushing loss either. However, losing @ Pitt AFTER losing to both Michigan and Navy (not to mention USC) is what is going to cost him. Well, that, and the fact that he doesn't ever seem to win big games.

-Since we're talking about sports other than baseball, I couldn't be more excited about the start of college basketball season. Should be a good year for Notre Dame, but hopefully it'll be an even bigger year for my beloved Kentucky Wildcats.

That's all for now. Sorry for drifting away from baseball, but we all need that every once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment