Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Thoughts

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and enjoyed the extended weekend. A few things that are floating around my head on this Monday morning:

-After five days off of work, it's hard to get back into the flow on a Monday morning.

-Making it even harder is the fact that I threw out my back yesterday. Technically, I don't know what it means "to throw out your back", but I've done it. Thank God for Bengay.

-What is it about Thanksgiving that causes people to eat until they are uncomfortable? 364 days a year, we eat until we are content and full, and then stop. On Thanksgiving, we reach the point of being full and just keep on eating until we are completely miserable.

-If your family is anything like mine, there is always a game played over the holidays. This year, like many before, the game of choice was Trivial Pursuit. As always, it was the guys against the girls. I'm pleased to report that the guys won 2 out of 3.

-Trivial Pursuit is a great game, but there is one glaring omission: A TIMER. Seriously, when an entire group of guys is sitting around the table humming the Jeopardy! music, there's something wrong.

-I tried a new dessert this weekend that was a combination of pretzels, jello, and whipped cream. I don't know about you, but if jello is involved, I'm on board.

-Isn't it time we allow someone else other than the Lions to play on Thanksgiving? I realize it's tradition and all, but for the better part of a decade, no one wants to watch the Lions.

I'll try to get some baseball-related stuff up later today or tomorrow. Right now though, I'm just trying to survive the pains in my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment