Friday, February 26, 2010

On Zavada's Intensity

Steve Gilbert of MLB.com has a blog post about Thursday's workouts for the Diamondbacks, and again, I encourage you to just bookmark his blog and visit it frequently: http://taoofsteve.mlblogs.com/

However, when I see something on there that strikes me, I'll bring it over here for you to read as well.

The note that struck me today was about Clay Zavada:

"Clay Zavada threw some good curveballs during his batting practice session. His intensity during the session drew laughs from his teammates. Whether it's batting practice or not, Zavada treats every time on the mound like it's Game 7 of the World Series."

I was working with Dayton at the time Zavada was in South Bend, but I always thought he was very intense and intimidating on the mound. Looks like he still has it, even in February!

1 comment:

  1. ...and then there is Clay Zavada. he was outstanding in 2008 in South Bend. He looked great, his ERA was great but there was nothing mechanic/pitching wise that stood out.

    Maybe how he baffled me, he will baffle the opposing pitchers.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete