Monday, November 29, 2010

Back At It

I hope everyone had a nice holiday weekend and got a chance to spend time with family and friends.

To say that I had a great Thanksgiving would be an understatement. I proposed on Wednesday night to an amazing woman, and thankfully, she said yes. I'm a very lucky man and couldn't be happier.

In other baseball-related news since I last posted:

-The Diamondbacks acquired Zach Duke from the Pirates for a player to be named later. The PTBNL will be announced after the Rule 5 Draft takes place on December 9th because rosters are currently frozen. This doesn't necessarily mean that the player is eligible for Rule 5 selection, and according to the link above, indicates that he is a low-level player. I have no inside knowledge at all, but I'm guessing that when we find out who it is, it's going to be someone who played in South Bend within the last year or two.

-Nick Piecoro of the Arizona Republic has more analysis on Duke and the deal on his blog, which you can read here.

-I saw this a few weeks ago, and am just now posting it. Here's a chart of the PDC status for every MLB club and their affiliates from the Baseball America website. It'll let you know when you might see affiliation changes around the MiLB landscape.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the engagement Owen!

    The Budrow Family

    ReplyDelete