Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Other Stuff I Missed While I Was on Vacation

Just catching up on a few things while I was gone last week...

-The Giants won the World Series in 5 games. I predicted Giants in 6. Close enough for me to brag about how much better I am than you!

-Sparky Anderson passed away. Sparky won his titles with the Reds before I was born, and his time with the Tigers came to an end while I was still in junior high. However, he clearly was a great manager and the first of just two managers (with Tony LaRussa) to win a World Series in both leagues. Remember when we were talking two weeks ago about no-name coaches vs. "famous" coaches. Sparky is the argument for the no-name guys, because when he was hired by the Reds, the newspaper in town ran the headline "Sparky Who?"

-Swoop went trick-or-treating with the Raabe family of South Bend. A good time was had by all.

-Finally, former Silver Hawks infielder Yunesky Sanchez was released by the Diamondbacks. He was 26 years old, but had been hitting the ball decently over the past four seasons. including a .284 mark with Reno in 2010. I'm sure Arizona has their reasons, but this one is a bit of a head-scratcher in that he seems like a guy that would be good to fill out a roster (if not in the majors, then certainly at AAA). Your guess is as good as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment