Monday, January 17, 2011

An Opportunity to Make Fun of Me

I try to keep myself clear of the insult line as much as possible, and I don't unnecessarily call attention to my stupid actions. 

However, this one is too embarrassing to keep to myself.  I am sitting at work right now, in extreme pain due to a back that is all out of whack.  This is the 4th or 5th time in my life I've thrown my back out (which is embarrassing in itself given that I'm only 28).  However, every other time I've done it I've had a legitimate reason:  lifted something too heavy, shoveled snow all day, slipped on ice, etc.

Not this time.  No, this time I've apparently managed to throw my back out because I played Tiger Woods Golf for the Nintendo Wii yesterday.  I played in the afternoon, and managed to make it through my round without any issues.  However, as I got ready for bed last night, the familiar discomfort started.  I was able to sleep through the night, but things have gotten worse this morning, and now I'm hobbling around the office staring at my shoelaces because I can't straighten up. 

The real question:  If this is happening at the age of 28, what am I going to be like when I'm 50?

No comments:

Post a Comment