Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday Morning Links (January 11th)

As I try to recover from the heartbreak of the Bengals loss this weekend, here's a batch of links for you to keep you up to date on the top stories in baseball:

-In a stunning bit of news, the Cincinnati Reds swept in and apparently won the bidding war for the services of Cuban pitcher Aroldis Chapman. I'm a Reds fan, and I didn't see this happening in a million years, so trust me when I tell you it is a great surprise to the people of Cincinnati.

-Vlad Guerrero has signed with the Texas Rangers. The last paragraph of the article linked here presents a very interesting stat.

-Derek Jeter is getting married. Clearly he learned nothing from Tiger Woods.

-Finally, Baseball America has the top 10 prospects for the Indians (who are now in the MWL with the addition of the Lake County Captains) and the Tigers (West Michigan Whitecaps)

No comments:

Post a Comment