Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Worthy Cause

I'm excited to announce that Coveleski Stadium will be hosting the "Take Steps for Crohn's and Colitis Walk" on June 19th before the Silver Hawks battle the Fort Wayne TinCaps.

For those of you that don't know (and that's probably most of you), I have Crohn's Disease. I was diagnosed in junior high, and have been living with it for about 15 years now. While there are certainly people that suffer more from this disease than I do, I still have my battles with it from time to time. There is currently no cure for Crohn's Disease, and it affects over 1.4 million people in the United States alone (1 out of every 200 people).

You will hear more about this walk on this blog over the next few months. I would apologize for posts that aren't about baseball, but sometimes there are just more important things in life -- and to me, raising money for Crohn's and Colitis research is more important.

A few links if you want more information:

-To find out more information about Crohn's Disease, go to http://www.ccfa.org/.

-To register to walk with me (and many others on that day), go here and then use the drop down menu at the top center of the page to find the walk in South Bend on June 19th.

-To pledge money in support of my walk, go to my personal page. You can read my personal history with Crohn's Disease at the bottom of the page. I am not expecting anyone that reads this blog to donate money. That's not what this blog is about. But if you would like to help out, your support would obviously be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for allowing me to use this blog as a forum to raise money for The Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America. Again, your support (financial or otherwise) is greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment