Monday, January 25, 2010

TigersFest

Loyal fan and blog reader Dave Krachenfels took his family to TigersFest in Detroit this past weekend. I asked him to share some photos and information with us from his trip (and I encourage all readers to share stories, photos, etc.)

Here are some of the highlights that Dave emailed me (photos can be found here)

"My first impression of Comerica Park was similar to Dayton. If they ever changed their name from the "Tigers" they'd have to tear down the park! The facade has Tigers going across it. A huge Tiger at the Entrance to the park and Tigers on the prowl in the Centerfield scoreboard."

(Editor's Note: I've also been to Comerica Park. There might be more Tigers on the stadium grounds than in Africa. They put Tigers everywhere)

"They have several autograph stations where we could get autographs, we went with the flow and started out at the "Kids Only" station, we got in quick (within 15 minutes to the player) and low and behold as we walked in to the tent, it was Magglio Ordonez. That's pretty much jackpot for me."

"In another Tent they had representatives from their minor league system such as the infamous West Michigan Whitecaps and Toledo Mudhens. They had the local media and radio stations who had booths of their own. In another area they had an ice sculpture of Tigers and the Tigers logo.
They were selling game used memorabilia."

"While my wife and son checked out the kids area, I went to the radio program they were having. At the time, they were interviewing Daniel Schlereth and Max Scherzer. I was trying to figure out where they would exit once the radio program was done and sat right there. When the radio program was done, I asked Daniel if he could sign his ROOKIE jersey, he was like "How about that" but he didn't recognize me, maybe I didn't have Joey with me or maybe he was just in the zone because it seemed like such a busy day. During his interview he mentioned that he was looking forward to the competition in Spring Training."

Thanks for the report Dave! And again, if any loyal fans have great photos or stories to share from baseball trips like this, I'd love to hear them. You can email me at oserey@silverhawks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment