Thursday, June 24, 2010

All-Star Game Recap

Unfortunately, I forgot to bring my camera with me to Fort Wayne, so I don't have any pictures of my own to share with you all. Instead, I will provide links to some other photos taken from the game and share my thoughts on the experience in general.

I did take one picture with my phone. This was the view from our seats just to the third base side of home plate. The picture is of Matt Davidson batting in the first inning against West starter Trey McNutt.

Here are some photo galleries online. This one is from the Midwest League and focuses mostly on the Day One festivities, such as the Home Run Derby and Skills Challenge. Davidson hit eight homers in the first round before being eliminated in the second round of the Derby. Chris Owings participated in the Infield Throwing competition and Tyson Van Winkle finished in a three-way tie for first in the Catcher's Throwing competition.

This gallery is from the Fort Wayne Journal Gazette and has action shots from the game, including one of Chris, while the Fort Wayne News-Sentinel has more game shots and photos from the pre-game festivities. Finally, here are the photos that Owen took of Parkview Field last season.

Obviously the game was the main highlight, but the between-inning entertainment was also very fun. There was a dancing bat boy, Myron Noodleman, and the Zooperstars (my personal favorite). Each act brought many laughs throughout the crowd and Chris Owings even busted a move on the field.

All in all, the All-Star game was a great experience. Sorry again for the lack of original photos, but I hope these links are enough to help you get a picture of what it was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment