Sunday, June 27, 2010

MVP Vote Follow Up

Since I got absolutely ripped by a commenter in an earlier post, I want to clarify something.

There is no question that Matt Davidson was the first half MVP for the Silver Hawks. Chris Owings probably should have been second, although if you are a bigger fan of power numbers, then I have no problem with Bobby Borchering being second (Owings had a much higher batting average, Borchering had more homers and RBIs).

My problem with the vote was that I had never received more than 60 votes for any poll question, and that question got over 500 responses. There was some serious ballot box stuffing going on, which is why I called the vote a "joke".

Anyhow, I just wanted to clear that up so that everyone knows that I think the fans ultimately got it right in that Matt Davidson was voted the first half MVP.

2 comments:

  1. I will agree with you, the voting was a joke.

    I agree with you on Chris Owings, someone should have stuffed his ballot box more :-)

    My opinion on Chris is he is a gifted hitter but I have seen time and time again how he has been impatient at the plate. I'd like to see someone in the organization work with him on that as his bat is certainly Major League material.

    You heard it here first.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. Obviously, friends and family stuffed the ballot box on that one. You do a great job. Don't worry about 1 or 2 negative feedbacks.

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete