Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thank You!

When I contacted the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America this winter, I really had no idea what I wanted to do. All I knew is that I was in a position to finally help out and to raise awareness for this disease that I've dealt with for about 15 years now.

Then, we agreed to have the walk at Coveleski Stadium, and I knew I had a big challenge on my hands. I wanted to go above and beyond the recommended fundraising amount. The CCFA tells you to set your goal at $250. I ridiculously set mine at $1500, knowing that I've never asked friends and family for any money for Crohn's awareness. I figured if I got to $1,000, I'd be thrilled.

I currently sit at $1,350, and have 4 days left to hit my goal. I never would have reached this point without your support, and for that, I thank all of you. Some of the people whose names appear on the donation list and the amount they have given is simply amazing. In many cases, some of you have given $10, $20, or even $50 to someone who you have never met, but listen to on a nightly basis. It is your support that quite honestly means the most to me.

Thanks again, and if you still want to donate, there are a few days left. Just go here: http://online.ccfa.org/goto/owenserey

No comments:

Post a Comment