Wednesday, June 23, 2010

All Star Game Results

I know I haven't posted much over the last few days, but just like everyone else, I sometimes need a break. I also have two nieces and a nephew that I'm seeing for the first time in months, and they get a lot more of my attention than baseball does right now.

As far as the all-star game goes, the East won 6-2.

Unfortunately, no Silver Hawks player had a hit (Chris Owings walked), and surprisingly, neither Charles Brewer nor Eric Smith pitched. I thought both were available and I'm pretty sure the Silver Hawks told the Fort Wayne staff that they could both go an inning, but neither one was called upon.

Casey went to the game and hopefully will have some pictures to post in the next day or two. I might not be back on the blog until Friday from Great Lakes, so I can enjoy the rest of the time with my family.

3 comments:

  1. HEy Owen You dont need to post this comment but I thought I would let you know charles told us last night he didnt pitch cause he was recovering form food posioning. Other wise he would of started.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update Amy. I thought he was going to start also.

    Hope he's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Owings made a great play at second. He even danced with Myron Noodleman on the field. (Between innings, of course!) Matt Davidson made us all proud with his 8 home runs during the HR derby.

    All in all it was a great time. One of the better all star games I've been to.

    Can't wait to see Casey's pictures. I took about 1,500 myself!

    Matt

    ReplyDelete