Friday, July 29, 2011

The Joys of Midland

Normally when I title a post like the above, it's some sarcastic remark about a miserable hotel or a terrible ballpark.  But today, I actually mean that I am really enjoying this trip.

First of all, the hotel here is one of the best in the league with a great restaurant (Big E's Sports Bar) attached to it. 

Secondly, the Silver Hawks are winning here with a 6-3 mark against the Loons at Dow Diamond this season.

Thirdly, I had a chance to get out and golf this morning at the Midland Country Club with Loons broadcasters Brad Golder and Matt Park.  Awesome course, but very challenging.  Unfortunately, my score ended up in the triple digits (ouch!)

The only bad part of this trip?  My hotel room had a terrible view.  See below!

No comments:

Post a Comment