Monday, July 11, 2011

Weather Update (11:12 PM)

10 PM Update - For those of you that follow this, tonight's game is still in a rain delay.  We are going to wait this out for a while.  I am off the air because the lightning is so severe that I don't want to risk a strike doing damage to my equipment.  I will update again when I know more.

10:35 PM Update - Still waiting.  Umpires are talking with both managers, league president, Dragons operations staff, etc.  This might be a while.  Just so you know, this is a unique situation because South Bend just took the lead and the Dragons didn't get a chance to bat in the bottom of the sixth inning.  They are trying to determine who, if anyone, might win this game.  Do you revert back to the last full inning?  Do you give the Silver Hawks the win because they have the lead regardless of the fact that Dayton didn't bat?  Or do you wipe it out entirely?  Perhaps, you just sit and wait.
Also, the lightning has slowed down so I've resumed the rain delay music.  You can reconnect to the broadcast now.

11:00 PM Update - Game is over.  Yet oddly, we still don't know who, if anyone, actually won this game.  I had to sign off the air because I have to pack up equipment.  I'll try to update the blog from the bus, and also, more information will be available at www.silverhawks.com when it becomes available to us.  Thanks!

11:12 PM Update - It's official.  Silver Hawks win!  Full story going up now on www.silverhawks.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment