Monday, July 19, 2010

Back in South Bend

Well, the team is back in South Bend after posting a much needed 4-1 victory today. Keon Broxton came through with four RBIs today, including a solo homer and a three-run triple. The pitching (starting and bullpen) was fantastic.

As I said on the air a number of times, 3-6 on the road trip sounds a whole lot better than 2-7.

And as an added bonus, Lansing and Fort Wayne both lost, so the Silver Hawks are just three games out of a playoff spot with 46 to play.

I realize the team is only 9-15 in the second half. I realize that the team's overall record is a lot worse.

But I also realize that Great Lakes and Lake County are moving to the top again, so a 3rd or even 4th place finish in the second half standings might still get you into the playoffs by the time you take those teams out of the mix.

So the way I look at it, we have two choices: Give up on them and ride out the string, or get on board and root this team towards the playoffs. I choose the latter. Are you with me?

1 comment:

  1. I am most definitely with you Owen, and I can think of a few more people who are too. Loud and Proud!

    ReplyDelete