Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Post Number 1,000

This post is my 1,000th since starting this blog in March of 2009. I don't really have anything special to say other than my fingers must be tired from all the typing I've done the past year and a half.

When I started this blog, I envisioned it as a way to give some additional information about the team that you wouldn't find on the main silverhawks website. I also wanted parents of the players to stop by and get a glance at some photos from the stadiums while we were on the road, giving them an idea as to where their sons were playing.

While I maybe haven't taken as many photos as I thought I would, I never imagined that I would receive over 200 page views per day on this blog. I continue to be amazed at the unwavering support of the fans.

The best compliment I've ever received came from the parent of a player on last year's team. He wrote me an email saying "While I don't always agree with what you say, you tell it like it is and are very fair in your broadcasts." I hope that you all feel the same way and know that I truly appreciate all the kind words, emails, and support from the fans.

Oh, one more thing...don't worry about this team yet. It's still a better start in the second half than it was in the first half, and just because they struggle against the Loons, I still have confidence in this team's ability to be a playoff team. There is more talent on this team than maybe any other team in the league. They are growing and I'm seeing a lot of improvement even though it doesn't always seem like it.

Unfortunately, the Silver Hawks are snake bit against the Loons and the frustration sets in from time to time with the players, coaches, and even the broadcaster, but I look forward to being finished with the Loons for a while after tonight's game and seeing what the Silver Hawks can do against everyone else in the league.

No comments:

Post a Comment