Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Off Day Thoughts

Some random thoughts from my mind on this off day:

*I said that I won't use that this team is young as an excuse for the second half, and I stand by that. However, I think it's a "reason". Being young is a reason why the team is struggling to win games, but it's not an excuse for not winning.

*I think that if you brought this year's Silver Hawks back for a second time in the Midwest Leauge next year, that they would dominate without too much problem.

*I also think that with 40 games to play (including 26 against other playoff contenders), this year's club still has a chance of making the playoffs. I know some fans are ready to give up on this year...I'm not.

*I know that it's an unbelievable difference at the Cove when the seats are filled like they were on Monday night. Trust me when I tell you that the Cove is a great baseball experience, and if you haven't been yet, please come join us before the season is over (or even if you've been out once, come back again).

*I'm thrilled to report that the full-time staff rallied to defeat the interns in a softball game earlier today. I am also very happy to report that there were no injuries.

*Speaking of interns, I don't know if it's because I'm his "boss", but I'd also like to thank Casey Richards for losing a ball in the sun in my first at-bat, allowing me to reach base. I followed with two clean singles to finish 2-for-3 (assuming we are charging Casey with an error).

1 comment:

  1. If Casey lost the ball in the sun, that's a tough error. If the only mistake Casey made was letting the sun rise on Tuesday, I don't know if you can pin that one on him. In that circumstance I'd give you the hit.

    ReplyDelete