Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Official Statement Regarding My Candidacy for the Notre Dame Job

While I am honored that many of you have voted for me as the person who should be the next head football coach at the University of Notre Dame (see poll on right), I am respectfully withdrawing my name from consideration for the position.

While the honor and prestige that comes with this position is second to none, I do not feel that it is a good fit for me at this time. While some may think that my three years as team statistician for the Covington Catholic Colonels (class of 2000) and my years of getting run over on the sidelines while filming University of Dayton Flyers (class of 2004) football games is enough experience, I'm just not sure I'm ready for this leap.

My concern is not in developing good players, as my track record speaks for itself. Lifelong friend and quarterback star Brett Dietz will attest that he would not be where he is today without me running horrible routes and dropping passes for years in his backyard.

However, at this time, I'm completely focused on maintaining the best baseball blog on the internet, and the time commitment that I put into this blog would certainly be damaged by trying to balance the responsibilities of a head football coach at the University of Notre Dame.

I wish Notre Dame the best of luck in their search, and I hope that there are no hard feelings.

Go Irish and Go Silver Hawks!

No comments:

Post a Comment