Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Some Diamondbacks Moves

I hope everyone had a good Christmas and are looking forward to the new year. My holiday week has been wonderful so far, and I'm looking forward to enjoying a few more days at home with family and friends. As noted below, my apologies for not updating the blog regularly over the last few days, but I think we can all agree that spending time with your loved ones outweighs any baseball news.

But, since this is a baseball blog, here are a few good links for you to keep you up-to-date on what's going on in the world:

-Nick Piecoro's blog has information about the Diamondbacks signing Bob Howry, and also a post about how Arizona is just waiting on an answer from free agent second baseman Kelly Johnson.

-Jayson Stark of ESPN.com wrote a great article about why Barry Larkin should be a Hall of Famer. I'm biased because I am a huge Reds fan, but I agree with everything he says.

-The Mets signed Jason Bay to a big contract. Most everyone I've heard so far is ripping the Mets for the signing. Basically, it's not that Bay is a bad player, but the Mets have so many needs right now, that they put too much money into Bay. Besides, he's not very good defensively, the new Mets stadium has a huge outfield, and everyone thinks his power numbers will go down as well.

That's all for now. Have a safe and happy New Year's holiday, and I'll post if anything strikes my fancy between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment