Thursday, December 24, 2009

You Say Johermyn, I say Yohermyn

No matter how you spell it, former Lansing Lugnuts star Johermyn Chavez was traded from the Blue Jays organization along with Brandon League to Seattle for Brandon Morrow.

Chavez hit .283 with 21 homers and 89 RBIs for Lansing in 2009, and I could make a pretty strong case that he was one of the best all around players in the league. He probably would have gotten a lot more recognition had it not been for the fact that Lansing was terrible this season. The fact that he wasn't a postseason all-star is somewhat absurd.

(Editor's Note: If you don't understand the title of this post, it's because Chavez began the year spelling his name with a Y at the beginning, then changed midseason to go with a J at the beginning. I'm sure this was a mixup in translation, but it's still odd.)

(Editor's Note Part Two: It's ridiculous for me to include something called an "editor's note". There is no editor. The same person that writes these posts also edits them. That's right, I am the writer and editor all at once. I deserve a raise.)

No comments:

Post a Comment