Saturday, May 15, 2010

An Apology and a Thank You

First and foremost, I apologize for missing the game last night. Unfortunately, I have a history of kidney stones and a nasty one decided to creep up early yesterday morning. I spent over 24 hours in the hospital, mad at the world because I was missing a game.

Secondly, I owe a big thank you to Casey Richards for driving up from South Bend and filling in for me last night. Casey was expecting to have a nice relaxing weekend, and instead, he was forced into duty and filled in admirably. I also want to thank the South Bend Silver Hawks front office staff, manager Mark Haley, and trainer Brian Czachowski for being very supportive and allowing to me rest comfortably knowing that everything would be taken care of.

I fully anticipate broadcasting tonight's game (with Casey by my side just in case), but it's nice to know that if I do have an issue that others will step up in a big way.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to here you are doing better. I was worried when I didn't hear you on the radio and you hadn't updated your blog. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Missed the daily updates and your call of the game.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soooo glad to hear that you are doing better.
    I am sorry I did not know about it until today (Sunday) when up in West Michigan and talking with Oscar after the game. My husband use to say that this was "man's version of giving birth, but didn't have anything to bring home to show for it" take it easy and see you at the Cove tomorrow. Deb Johnson

    ReplyDelete