Monday, May 23, 2011

I Think We Have Our Answer

This is what I wrote on Tuesday afternoon, hours before the Silver Hawks began the series with the Lansing Lugnuts:

I realize that there are still 32 games remaining in this half, but I think the next 7 days will define whether the Silver Hawks are contenders in the first half or not.

I wrote that because the next 7 games were against the second place Lugnuts and the first place Loons.  To this point, the Silver Hawks are 4-2 in that stretch of games, guaranteeing a winning week.

I'm trying not to get greedy, but a win today would be huge.  Even with a loss, the Silver Hawks have put themselves within striking distance with 26 games remaining on the first half schedule. 

Even more important is that the Silver Hawks have tied for fifth place and are actually percentage points ahead of the Lake County Captains -- their next opponent.  Anytime you can put another team behind you in the standings, that's a very good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment