Monday, June 27, 2011

What a Game

Tonight's game would rank in the top 5 of my all-time favorites from a broadcast standpoint (or at least it would have if not for the constant internet interruptions).  It had a little bit of everything from drama to plays at the plate to huge home runs to great pitching to runners left in scoring position and on and on and on.  All the elements that add up to a great baseball game.

As far as the other issues, I again want to issue an apology and my thanks to those of you who stuck with me through the constant internet interruptions.  I realize they are going to happen from time to time, but tonight was by far the worst it has been all season.  I'm hoping that it was just an issue tonight and will be fine for tomorrow, but only time will tell. 

This is our first year doing internet only broadcasts, and while it's been decent, there is still no substitute for being on local radio and having the game streamed online from a constant radio feed.  What you may not realize is that in addition to broadcasting the game in front of me, keeping a scorebook with pitch count, and looking up other game information in media notes and online, I'm also responsible for setting up the broadcast, getting it started, and playing my own commercials.  It's quite a process and unfortunately, it doesn't always work the way we want it to.  Whereas a radio station would provide an engineer and a producer/board op to go along with my broadcasting, I perform all three roles right now.

If the feed does not get any better over the next two days, you may have better luck by going to www.whitecaps-baseball.com.  Sure you would have to listen to the other team's announcers for a couple of days, but it is an option if you are in a pinch. 

Thanks again for your patience and go Hawks!

1 comment:

  1. We like your broadcasts and would prefer not to have to listen to the opposing team's broadcaster. Why in the world are you not on via the radio this year? We can't hear the game in the car, or on the porch - what a pain. Whose brilliant idea was it to go internet only (they ought to be fired - I assume that was not your call). It would seem the team's exosure is severely limited by this bonehead decision.

    ReplyDelete