Monday, March 29, 2010

A Few More Releases

Typically, when players get released, I put a little note along with it. I like to try to explain the decisions, etc. But sometimes, you just have to realize the time is up. It's not easy, and if you go back to Mark Haley's blog post last week, you'll remember that it's a hard decision for Arizona and the Minor League staff as well.

That being said, here's the latest round of releases from the Diamondbacks:

Chase Christianson
Jorge Perez
Joey Side
James Skelton
Ricardo Taveras

The first three are former Silver Hawks. Skelton played for West Michigan before being acquired by the Diamondbacks.

5 comments:

  1. I hate to see anyone go. Most of the guys let go, I can see. None really had seasons that really stood out with exception to Joey Side.

    I'm surprised but not surprised. In South Bend he was awesome. He was batting .300 the first half until his average dropped, he spent the last month of the season trying to reach .300 again and came darn close.

    I believe he had a hamstring pull and then had to get Tommy John surgery on his arm, he was hopeful that he would come back in 2010 and his arm would be better than ever. I'm not sure what happened since then? A bad prognosis? his age?

    I will give Joey this, he was a fighter, he battled, he got down on himself, he smashed into the Centerfield wall trying to track down fly balls more than many times, he wanted to be a success. I'm hoping he still is a success no matter what he does.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owen, I thought I'd mention that Walmart in South Bend is now selling Silverhawk shirts. I think it's a pretty good promotional move, as the shirts are out in plain view.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, so where did you see this? I've been looking and don't see anything that announces their release.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I receive an email from the Diamondbacks whenever there are transactions that involve Minor Leaguers. That is where I always get my information about releases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I know Jorge Perez's sister and have been trying to keep tabs on him. Too bad it didn't work out for him, maybe someone else will take a flyer on him.

    Thanks again for putting out the news!

    ReplyDelete