Monday, March 1, 2010

The Only Post Ever About Hockey

I'm not a hockey fan. I grew up in northern Kentucky, and did not have a professional hockey team anywhere near me (the Columbus Blue Jackets did not exist when I was a kid). I never played hockey. I never watched hockey.

With all that being said, I'm a fan of good sporting events, which means I was glued to the TV yesterday afternoon for the USA vs. Canada. I probably watched more hockey on TV in 3 hours yesterday than I did in the first 27 years of my life combined.

It had drama. It had intrigue. It had a great rivalry. It had country pride.

It was an excellent game, but a tough ending for the USA. One person that I know was happy with the result: former Silver Hawks pitcher Jordan Meaker. He's from Canada originally, and expressed his excitement on Facebook yesterday.

Good for Canada. But you know what, good for the USA too. Not only did the U.S. perform well in a sport that most of the country doesn't even care about, but now we get to focus on something even better: Baseball.

No comments:

Post a Comment