Wednesday, April 7, 2010

April 6th Morning Report

A few notes for you to start the day...

-The players had practice yesterday evening, and they signed up for their gym memberships so they have a place to work out while they are in South Bend. The last two days have also been used to get the players set up with apartments to live in for the year.

-Monday I went to all 25 guys and had them pronounce their name for me so that I made sure I got it right. Yesterday I went to all 25 guys again, and gave them the opportunity to change their height, weight, and hometown on the roster to be sure that it was accurate. So if click on the roster tab on www.silverhawks.com, the height and weight are what the players told me (I made them promise to be accurate!).

-As far as practice goes, yesterday the Silver Hawks had a "simulated game" against each other. The two pitchers I watched most closely on the mound were Dan Taylor (lefty, 5th starter) and Randy Rodriguez (righty, long reliever). I was very impressed by both pitchers, and I think the hitters were as well since many of them turned around after various pitches to ask the catchers "what was that?"

-Keny Sosa and Diogenes Rosario threw as well, but I wasn't behind the cage at that point and can't give a great report on there stuff. I can tell you that Rosario has a rather effortless motion, but still pops the ball around 92-93 mph.

-It's supposed to rain all day in South Bend today, so practice outside will likely be canceled. However, there are some indoor facilities that can be used (either the Silver Hawks cage beyond the centerfield wall or Notre Dame's facility on their campus).

No comments:

Post a Comment