Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Research, Research, Research

For those of you wondering what my job entails at this time of year, let's just say the title of this post says it all.

I have been researching every player on our team, trying to find out some background information that helps improve my broadcast. Let me just say that Google is a wonderful website.

I don't want to give names away, but here's some interesting info for you:

-One player was drafted in the exact same spot two years in a row
-One player has two NCAA baseball titles on his resume
-One player appeared as an extra in a movie

It's this kind of information that I'll use to help fill throughout the season. I get some initial information from internet research, and then I spend a good portion of the early season talking to players and just learning their "story"

No comments:

Post a Comment