Friday, August 6, 2010

Western Kentucky University

Since we had an early bus to the ballpark today, I decided to walk the mile or so (uphill) to the campus of Western Kentucky University and snap some photos. A few of the more interesting ones are included below.


I believe this is the main administration building. When they nicknamed the school "Hilltoppers", they weren't kidding. It was actually a 15-20 minute uphill walk from the Hot Rods stadium to the point where I took this picture. And there were multiple other hills as you walked around campus. To say I was sweating would be an understatement.


I thought this was cool. The old Greek pillars open up towards the fine arts building, but on the right side of these pillars is hillside seating/bleachers like an old Greek amphitheater where they could do outdoor plays and concerts.


Yep...I walked right in the football stadium and took a picture. If you look around midfield, that is the kickers from the football team practing field goals and punts. Honestly, there was no one around and it seemed as if I could have just walked down to the middle of the 50 yard line if I was so inclined. I decided against it because I wasn't sure if it was allowed or not (probably not).


This is a view of the Hilltoppers baseball stadium from down the left left field line.


Finally, this is a tower centrally located on campus. The tower has a bell that rings at the top of every hour and also plays some melodies. There are photos and a statue of a soldier around the base of the tower.
Anyhow, I took a few more photos of some of the other buildings on campus, but this is a baseball blog, not a college visit blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment