Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Holmberg featured in MiLB.com Article

After last night's game, my cell phone started ringing while I was in the postgame show.  I didn't have to look at who was calling, because there was no doubt in my mind that a 212 area code would show up on the caller ID.  That's the area code for New York City, which is where Minorleaguebaseball.com has their operations. 

The reason I knew it was MiLB.com calling is because they always call me when a Silver Hawks player has a spectacular game.  Obviously, David Holmberg was awesome last night, striking out 12 batters in 7.0 innings.

After the game, I called MiLB.com back, took down a writer's name and number, and then headed to the bus to hand David Holmberg the information.  He called when the team got back to the hotel, and the end result is this article about his excellent performance last night

No comments:

Post a Comment