Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Ugh

Ugh!

I don't know if that's officially a word, but it sums up the season nicely to this point.  There are some things going well for the Silver Hawks right now (starting pitching at the top of the list), but there is still a whole lot that is going wrong.

Oddly enough, the Silver Hawks still rank in the middle of the league in most categories.  It's just the lack of a hit here, or the extra run given up there, or the error committed in that inning or the failure to take advantage of an error in this inning, etc., etc., etc.

Ultimately, the players and the coaches are responsible for getting this figured out.  I know the start has been ugly (and trust me, the players and coaches know that too), but at the same time, I still don't feel like this team has played that poorly.  Now don't get me wrong, they haven't played great by any stretch of the imagination, yet I still think this team is better than 5-13.  I wouldn't say they are worthy of a 13-5 record, but even 8-10 would seem more like it. 

Yet, here is the team, sitting at eight games under .500.  And here I am, sitting and typing a blog entry at 1 AM Eastern Time because even the broadcaster sometimes has trouble shaking off a tough loss. 

Here's hoping the weather cooperates, the Hawks get a win tomorrow, and the bus ride to Cleveland is  a pleasant one!

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment