Monday, June 1, 2009

Off Day Thoughts

Well it's after midnight on Sunday (technically now Monday morning), so it's offiically the off day. For those of you that visit the blog every day, you may have noticed Sunday seemed to be an off day for me as well with no posts. In reality, the Principal Financial Group Family Fun Fest and some pregame interviews took up most of my time before the game, during the game I was too busy broadcasting, and after the game I spent over four hours in my car so I could spend the off day with family and friends.

Sometime during the day Monday, I'll post an update on the D'Backs system. Then Tuesday I'll have some stuff from the notes and the lineups. Wednesday or Thursday I'll have photos from Dayton as well.

This is going to be a fun trip for me because I spent seven years of my life in Dayton, Ohio (four at the University of Dayton, and another three as the color commentator for the Dayton Dragons). I have a lot of people to see and a lot of great memories from my time here.

It's also a very important trip for the team. Dayton is a team that has struggled most of the season, yet managed to split with South Bend in late April. Combine that with the fact that the Silver Hawks are six games out of a playoff spot with 20 to play, and you can understand why taking 3 out of 4 in this series becomes very important for playoff positioning before heading into four games with the Fort Wayne TinCaps beginning on Saturday.

Every game is at 7 PM in Dayton, with pregame coverage beginning at 6:40 PM on 1620 ESPN Radio or streaming online at www.silverhawks.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment