Thursday, June 11, 2009

Tonight's Lineup

If the rain ever moves out, here is who South Bend will send to the field to try and break the losing streak.

Duffy - CF
Elmore - 2B
Marte - LF
Diaz - RF
Ramirez - 1B
Perez - DH
Gomez - 3B
Davis - C
Navarro - SS

Miley - SP

On tonight's pregame show, we're going to try something completely different than I've ever done before. Rather than try to play down the current losing streak, we're going to embrace it fully. We're going to examine it to the fullest. We'll break it down by numbers. We'll show that it's been a total team effort. And we'll hope that by embracing the stupid thing, and by giving it the respect that it deserves, that it will come to an end tonight. (PS -- I really don't believe in jinxes or that by talking about something, I can change the fortunes of the club. But I'll try anything at this point).

3 comments:

  1. I don't generally believe in the jinx thing either Owen, but after you managed to hatch us a 15-inning ballgame a few weeks ago, I think that your words may have some mystical effect on the ballclub.

    -Ryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well if that's the case, then hopefully my words tonight will end this losing streak.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! And a new superstition is born...

    ReplyDelete