Thursday, June 11, 2009

Today's Totally Useless Stat

From time to time, you'll hear me talk about how there are stats for everything in baseball, many of which are completely useless. Below is a list of the average game time for each stadium in the Midwest League (Note: I've only included game times for 9-inning games. Thus, this does not include doubleheaders and extra inning games.)

Beloit - 2:45
Burlington - 2:31
Cedar Rapids - 2:39
Clinton - 2:39
Dayton - 2:46
Fort Wayne - 2:50
Great Lakes - 2:44
Kane County - 2:41
Lansing - 2:38
Peoria - 2:33
Quad Cities - 2:42
South Bend - 2:31
West Michigan - 2:37
Wisconsin - 2:37
LEAGUE - 2:40

What does this mean? Average games at the Cove are the quickest in the league, while games played in Fort Wayne take a long time.

What else does this mean? I have way too much time on my hands.

FYI -- It's raining in Grand Rapids. It's been raining for over an hour. When I got here I was told that it was going to miss us. WRONG!

FYI Part Two -- The heavy stuff is missing to the South, but Grand Rapids is getting a healthy soaking of rain. I have no idea what this means for the game tonight. Since I am not a meteorologist, I have no clue how to read the weather patterns over Lake Michigan. I'm going to go ahead and say that the forecast shows it clearing up, unless more continues to build over the lake.

FYI Part Three -- The press box in West Michigan has an ice cream cooler stocked with a variety of treats, and it's free to the media. Yesterday it was a nutty buddy cone before the game. Today, I've already had a Dove Bar and I may be going back for more.

1 comment:

  1. I have noticed that other clubs spend the time between innings doing promotions, it seems the 'Hawks promotions are somewhat rushed.

    Of course, I have never timed it.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete