Thursday, May 28, 2009

College World Series

I want to use this post as a forum, to get your thoughts on the College World Series (use the comments link below to leave your thoughts). I always enjoyed watching some of the games, but never followed college baseball all that closely. Now that I work in Minor League Baseball, I pay more attention because many of these stars will get drafted in June. Yet at the same time, I work so much that I don't have much time to watch many games.

So my questions (you can respond to all if you'd like, or just answer one if you'd rather):

1) How closely do you follow college baseball in general?
2) For the relatives (parents/siblings/grandparents/etc.) of the current Silver Hawks, now that your son/brother/grandson/etc. is no longer in college baseball, do you care at all about NCAA baseball anymore?
3) Would you like to receive college baseball updates over the next few weeks during Silver Hawks radio broadcasts?

Leave your thoughts below.

2 comments:

  1. I don't watch college baseball all that closely either. There are just too many players to follow. But as soon as college players are drafted, I like to research them and try to understand why the went where they did in the draft.

    Still, the CWS does generate some excitement and it might be nice to hear about it during Silver Hawks bradcasts. If the D-backs draft a player that came up big in the CWS the name recognition would be neat for fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owen, I went to see a Notre Dame Baseball game a few weeks ago, I think it was the first time in my life that I sat in the stands at a college baseball game.

    You could always start with the parallels of College, Short Season, Minor League, Major leagues. How in college and Short Season, the players play a limited amount of games and then grind it out in the minor leagues and major league levels. You can probably get player input on the amount of games, their travels and the toll it takes on them... as well as the toll the season takes on the accouncer guy! :-)

    Dave

    ReplyDelete