Thursday, May 14, 2009

Home Stand Thoughts

-South Bend is guaranteed at least seven wins on the current 10-game home stand. Win or lose tomorrow, it will be a successful home stand.

-Even still, I know the players will be gunning for Lansing tomorrow night. South Bend does not want to split this series heading into a difficult weekend against Fort Wayne. A win tomorrow night would not only complete an 8-2 home stand, but also give the Silver Hawks a series win against all three opponents.

-We'll get our first look at RHP Randy Rodriguez tomorrow night. He has big shoes to fill, as he is taking Trevor Harden's spot in the rotation. Rodriguez needs to not worry about replacing Harden though, and just focus on pitching his game and be the best he can be.

-Congrats to Justin Parker and Rossmel Perez on their recent hitting streaks. Both game to an end today, with Parker ending at 15 games while Perez ended at 11 games. Many of you are wondering why I haven't had either one as a pregame interview guest yet. There is a simple explanation -- I'm not superstitious, but many players are. Not that Perez or Parker would do this, but I've been in situation where I've interviewed a guy on a streak, and that night, he went hitless and refused to do an interview the rest of the season. So to protect myself so that I have everyone available for interviews later in the season, I won't interview a guy currently on a lengthy streak. I hope to get both Parker and Perez on the pregame in the next few days.

-I've officially entered the "May Sinus Infection" portion of season. For those of you not from the Midwest, this is a common problem and I know a number of players are suffering from sinus issues as well. Hopefully nobody will miss any playing time because of it. I promise I won't miss any broadcasts.

Back with notes, the D'Backs system report, and lineups tomorrow. Keep checking back. I will get back on track with some more frequent updates now that the morning games are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment