Sunday, May 24, 2009

Photos From Peoria - Part Four


My view from the press box. I think I took this about the 7th or 8th inning last night, between pitches. It's amazing how I can talk and take photos at the same time. I'm multi-talented. So if you were listening last night and heard what sounded like a camera in the background, this was it.


The view from the Silver Hawks dugout on the third base side. No railing to protect you, so be careful if you are chasing a foul ball by the dugout.


I'm not a big Cardinals fan (see my post in part three about being a Reds fan), but you can't deny that Albert Pujols is one of the greatest players in the game right now. He's also a former Chiefs player, back when they were still with the Cardinals.


The lawn section beyond the left field fence has palm trees planted. More for decoration than for shade, but yeah, I can get on board with palm trees.


I don't even know what this is. It's a sun room I guess, but what it's doing on a baseball concourse is beyond me. I think it's more of an advertisement for a company, but if you are going to do this, shouldn't it be placed somewhere that fans could sit in it and watch the game? It's pushed so far back on the concourse that you really wouldn't have a good view of the game from it, so I guess it's just there for advertising purposes.

Hope you enjoyed the tour of O'Brien Field.

No comments:

Post a Comment