Thursday, April 16, 2009

Greetings from Midland, Michigan

Midland is the home of the Great Lakes Loons, the Midwest League affiliate of the Los Angeles Dodgers. The Silver Hawks have a four game series here, with tonight through Saturday starting at 6:05 PM, and Sunday's game at 3:05 PM. We'll be on the air 20 minutes prior to the first pitch with the pregame show.

The Loons play at a stadium called Dow Diamond, funded largely by the Dow Chemical Corporation located nearby. This ballpark is easily the nicest stadium in the league, and it's not really close. I'll post some pictures for you in the next day or two.

It took us about 4 hours and 15 minutes to get to the hotel, then a quick lunch and back on the bus to the stadium. I was a bit behind on my media notes because of the doubleheader last night, so my posts are limited before the game today. I'll be back shortly with tonight's lineup.

No comments:

Post a Comment