Thursday, April 2, 2009

Roster -- Not Yet

I know a lot of people have been asking me about the Silver Hawks roster. Unfortunately, I don't know yet. Now like anyone, I could take a look at the Yakima and Missoula rosters from last season, and put together a pretty good guess. However, until I'm given the official roster from the Diamondbacks, it's all just speculation. Also, and I'm speaking from past experience, the roster changes up until the very last day of camp and depends greatly on the Major League roster.

According to this article, there are three players fighting for the final spot on the D-backs roster. One is a utility player, one is a first baseman only, and the other is a middle infielder. If the first baseman makes the team, then a guy who was initially targeted for double-A at first, might be moved up to triple-A. Then, every other first baseman in the system might move up a level. The same goes for the other positions.

So while I'm just as anxious as you are to get the roster, I will be waiting until I hear from the Diamondbacks before I post anything. It should come this weekend, or by Monday at the absolute latest.

Keep checking back for updates though, b/c I'll post as soon as I get any information.

No comments:

Post a Comment