Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy and Sad from Grand Rapids

The team has arrived at our hotel in Grand Rapids, and will be heading to the Fifth Third Ballpark in about an hour. Game time against the West Michigan Whitecaps is at 6:35 PM, with the pregame show starting at 6:15 PM. (FYI...I will always give the times in Eastern time.)

Once I get to the ballpark, and get all my equipment set up, I'll do my best to post some more information about starting pitching matchups and the starting lineup, when available.

I'm also deeply saddened to find out about the tragic death of Nick Adenhart of the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim. Adenhart pitched in the Midwest League in 2006 for the Cedar Rapids Kernels, compiling a 10-2 record with a 1.95 ERA. To say that he was talented would be a gross understatement. Adenhart was an outstanding pitcher. I remember a game Adenhart pitched against the Dayton Dragons, who I was broadcasting for at the time, and he went 7.0 innings with 9 strikeouts. Simply dominating.

Times like these remind you how short life can be, and how blessed we are to be playing (or broadcasting) a game that we all love.

1 comment:

  1. it's true baseball men like you, Owen, that can cover the breadth of baseball news in the best ways.
    Thanks for taking the time to mention Adenhart in your blog as it relates to the entire family of baseball as well as the Midwest League family.

    ReplyDelete