Thursday, April 30, 2009

Photos from Quad Cities - Part Four

I don't know if anyone cares about this other than me, but let's take a few shots of my radio booth in Quad Cities.


This is typically what my booth looks like everywhere I go. Main Equipment to my left. Scorebook directly in front of me. Binoculars, Tape, Highlighters, Etc. on the table. Computer to my right on the table top. Rosters on the chair to my right (didn't want to tape them to the walls...they are already torn up enough, didn't want to tear up the walls anymore). Stats, Notes, etc. on my equipment case even further to my right. Yes, there's a lot of cheat sheets in here...now way I could remember everything off the top of my head, although I do try.


This is my favorite photo I've taken of any ballpark. This would be my view from the booth if I sat in a relaxed pose. The window (which doesn't open by the way) does not go down nearly low enough to see home plate if you want to be in a comfortable position.


This is the view that I get if I sit up straight, and pull my chair in as far as possible. Yes, it's good to sit up straight so my mom would be happy. It's also good that I am skinny and don't have a big belly keeping me from getting close to the table. The negative here is that I'm only 5'9", so being a few inches taller would make this a better view.


From my booth, to the left.


From my booth, to the right. It would be a lot nicer if this giant window in front of me opened.

Hope you all enjoy the ballpark tour of Modern Woodmen Park in Quad Cities. I'll have pictures from Kane County over the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. The pics are awesome Owen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shots Owen. John O'Donnel Stadium (I refuse to call it Modern Woodman Park, or whatever it's called) is the most photogenic Park I've been to. I was there for the All Star game a few years back, and I must have took 50 shots of the stadium alone.

    ReplyDelete