Friday, April 3, 2009

Last Bad News of the Spring

At least I hope. I would imagine this is the final round of cuts from the system. Again, I hate posting these things, but I think the fans want to know about former Silver Hawks, both the good and the bad news.

Released:
Frank Curreri ('06-'07)

Adam Howard ('05-'07)

Richard Mercado ('06-'07)

Cesar Nicolas ('05)

AJ Shappi ('05)

Keep checking back over the weekend. Remember, I'll post the roster as soon as I get the information from Arizona.

5 comments:

  1. FRANK CURRERI!! WHAT! The other names arent too surprising because of what you have said before about their age and their expected level this season.. but Curreri was only 26 and was most likely going to start the year in Triple A! this surprises me a great deal! WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's up with releasing Curreri?

    It seems like they are clearing house this year.

    Speaking of clearing house, Ramon Ramirez is the only player left over from the 2008 season.

    See you at the park.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....so very sad to see any of these players go. I will miss them all. Once a son...always a son.

    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb (A Silver Hawk Team Mom)April 4, 2009 at 2:03 PM

    I am shock with the release of Frank Curreri as well as the others that the D-Backs released this year, however as anyone who knows me, Frank has a special place in my heart and that my son Kevin and I traveled to see him in Mobile last year, just one week before they (the D-Backs) called him up to AAA, then Tucson and now they release him!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really hope Shappi finds a job with another team. His mother passing away this offseason couldn't be making this any easier on him.

    ReplyDelete